Countries listed as being MORE peaceful than Israel? Here are a few:
- Sudan, where the government has been executing a campaign of genocide in Darfur for more than five years.
- Pakistan, which is currently engaged in fighting with the jihadist Taliban, and which has played host to jihadi leaders for at least a decade. Other recent peaceful events include the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, and of course the constant tension with India over Kashmir.
- Iran, which has been slaughtering its own citizens in the streets for over a month, and whose president has repeatedly called for the destruction of Israel, and which is working on building a nuclear bomb to use on Israel and threaten its neighbors (but since Israel is less peaceful I guess that's okay). Iran also funds terror organizations like Hamas and Hezbollah, the two groups responsible for the two most recent military conflicts engaged by Israel.
- North Korea whose testing of missiles and nuclear weapons, and threats to attack the United States are just not that bad.
- Democratic Republic of Congo...do I need to comment on that?
- Myanmar where the brutal regime suppresses all dissent, killing monks and keeping the duly elected leader under house arrest for the better part of 20 years.
- China, where an ongoing campaign of genocide is being waged in Tibet.
Now before you get really pissed off, you should know that this organization is run by people with the intellectual capacity of a toddler, which is actually insulting to toddlers. Here's some excerpts from their statement of "About Us."
Peace is the essential prerequisite because without peace we will be unable to achieve the levels of co-operation, inclusiveness and social equity necessary to solve these challenges, let alone empower the international institutions needed to regulate them.
The challenges to which they refer are climate change...which we know is largely a function of our planet's own biology...lack of fresh water, shrinking bio-diversity, and over population. A simple second grade analysis makes it clear that these dingdongs think the main problem is that there are too many people. I mean, isn't the source of all those problems overpopulation? There are too many of us burning fossil fuels so the planet is overheating, right? There are too many of us so there's not enough fresh water, right? We are losing species due to overcrowding and exploitation of resources, right? So, the real problem to these idiots is there are too many people. And the solution is peace. Essentially what these fuck faced idiots are saying is that if we have peace we'll be able to work together to reduce the population.
So what are the peaceful means of population reduction? How about Marack's healthcare plan that basically tells the elderly, you've lived a long life, now go and die already. How about forced abortions? How about sterilization? How about telling Jews they can't build new housing in their communities?
See what happens when you just let peace break out? If only Israel wasn't standing in the way.
But this is my favorite part of their "About Us" statement. This is fucking classic:
Vision of Humanity is a strong proponent of the need to further study, advocate and act on peace.
Yes, let's study the problem. Then we'll tell everyone peace is great. Then we'll make a list to show everyone who the problem people are.
I can feel the peace swelling inside me...oh wait...that's my colon. I have to take a dump.