The Obama campaign is denying House Ways and Means Chairman Charles B. Rangel a speaking role at this month’s Democratic National Convention — a move those close to the powerhouse Harlem congressman view as a spiteful snub.Anyone paying attention could have seen this coming...and did. Sorry Charlie. You didn't kiss Wonderboy's ring soon enough. Maybe you should have sacrificed an unblemished he bullock on his altar.
Rangel surrogates approached Obama staffers this week about the possibility of securing him a slot at the podium, making the case that it would showcase reconciliation between the nominee and Hillary Rodham Clinton’s African-American supporters.
But they were told that the 78-year-old congressman’s support for Clinton earned him a place at the end of the line behind Barack Obama’s loyalists — even if Rangel played a crucial part in prodding Clinton to abandon her presidential bid in June.
“It’s crazy. … This man [Rangel] controls tax policy in the United States. He’s a lot bigger than just a regular member of Congress. He deserves more respect than this,” said a Rangel confidant. “Basically they have told us they can’t help us, that there are too many Obama supporters ahead of Charlie on the line.”
John Lewis, who was badgered and coerced by Pampers supporters, Jesse "MydadwantstocutPampersnutsoff" Jackson Jr., John Conyers and others, failed to swear fealty to his blunderness with sufficient conviction and alacrity. This is a man who took beatings marching with Dr. King, (as did Harold Ickes, losing a kidney from injuries received marching for Black civil rights). He kissed the ring long before Charlie, and they still ran challengers against him in the primary (supposedly installing at least one candidate in the former Pampers campaign offices in Lewis' district...just as an added fuck you. Nice.).
Screw you buttwipes. Lewis won 70% of the vote while Markel Hutchins, who ran on the Pampers Program for Mange, and “Able” Mable Thomas (I didn't make that up), running on the rhyming nickname platform, split the remaining 30%. What happened? Pampers couldn't buy you enough votes?
Perhaps the people of the 5th District are smarter than Pampers took them for. Perhaps they know that trust needs to earned to be given; that experience, honor, respect, and integrity still mean something to some people. John Lewis is a great American who has served his district, and the African American community entire, with strength, compassion, and wisdom. He was in Selma.
Anyone who thinks that Pampers embodies any of those aforementioned qualities, and sees him as anything more than a two bit hustler who couldn't find his way out of a brown bag, is a fool, or being paid.
Charlie, you should have known better. Instead of kowtowing you should have stood up. Now you have to live with what the rest of us have known, and have been feeling for months. Are you a PUMA yet, or do you require the John Lewis treatment to make you wake up?
Charlie, John, she's on the ballot. Vote for her. Take your honor back. Pampers isn't worthy to lick your shoes.