"None of these rockets can be reliably aimed. Such weapons are inherently indiscriminate when directed towards densely populated areas.But just when you thought it couldn't get any more bizarro....
"The absence of Israeli military forces in the areas struck by the rockets, as well as statements from the leaders of Hamas and other armed groups, indicate that many of these attacks are deliberately intended to strike Israeli civilians and civilian structures. Individuals who willfully authorize or carry out deliberate or indiscriminate attacks against civilians are committing war crimes.
"To justify the attacks as appropriate reprisals for Israeli military operations and the ongoing blockade against Gaza, and as a lawful response to the Israeli occupation of Gaza…the "laws of war" do not support these asserted justifications."
"Even assuming the rocket attacks were intended as reprisals for Israeli attacks that killed and injured civilians, they still are unlawful under the laws of war."
What has happened at HRW? Here are my theories."The rocket attacks have also placed civilians in Gaza at risk. They're unreliable, and occasionally fall short of Israel and kill Palestinians.
"Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups have frequently violated the laws of war by firing rockets from within populated areas. In doing so, they failed to take all feasible precautions to avoid placing military targets within densely populated areas […] and protecting civilians from the danger resulting from military operations."
- They are trying to save face after going to super colossal human rights violator, Saudi Arabia, to raise money.
- They are desperate for cash and hope this report will open up "Jew Money" for them (sorry, we lost it all to Bernie Madoff).
- Marack called them and told them to do this to placate the Israelis and soften them up for when he releases his comprehensive Israeli suicide plan.
- Using our pod people, the "Zionist Conspiracy" has successfully taken over HRW (watch out J Street, you're next!) [Disclaimer for my PA Authority readers...this is a joke.]
- It's August Fools Day at HRW.